Monday, April 26, 2010

What's for Dinner? Casseroles!

This photo was taken at a workshop that I taught this past weekend. It's a new idea for the Greenbelt Community Center called "Weekend Project," where students learn a new pot design, throw it on Saturday and trim it on Sunday. It's basically a fast-paced "mini-class" for self-directed potters who want a little bit of instruction one project at a time. I'm happy to report this first one went really well! The enrollment filled out fast, and each student turned out a really lovely casserole (or two). Just looking at this photo makes me hungry! Big thanks to the five students, Cass Cooney, Judy Goldberg-Strassler, Sharon Piper, Kori Rice, and Vejune Svotelis, for diving into a new idea with me. The next "Weekend Project" will be planned for the fall session. The next pot design has not been chosen, but I have several suggestions that I am considering. (these workshops will be open to anyone in the DC metro region. Visit www.greenbeltmd.gov/arts to find out how to sign up for programs at the Greenbelt Community Center)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. This is one of my favorite blog also I want you to update more post like this. Thanks for sharing this article.
    Pottery classes in Chennai

    ReplyDelete