Sunday, May 16, 2010

Delicious and Surreal Dinner Party

Marlene Skopec has been collecting my pots for years, she now owns 6 entire place settings plus several nice serving pieces. Last weekend she invited me to a dinner party at her house, where the entire meal was served on my pots! This is the first time I have reconnected with my pots, after they had been out in the real world living in a different house. It was a tremendous honor to see how much they are being appreciated. The other dinner guests, Dan and Sarah, confirmed that they have used the pots many times at Marlene's house.

Marlene is an outstanding vegetarian cook, even for an omnivore like myself, the food was a gobble-worthy. The meal ended with tiramisu served from one of my casseroles, and tea brewed in one of my teapots! Surreal!!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome, the dinnerware looks great and (as a vegetarian) the food does too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mea! Beautiful work! I am so proud of you! I am showing your site in class right now at the college where I teach! Love ya! Karen Grossman

    ReplyDelete