Tuesday, February 23, 2010

After the BMAC: I'm going to be very pale this year ....

.... because I will spend the next 6 months in my basement making pots! I had a really successful show. I took 19 orders, including 9 from existing accounts and 10 new galleries. Thanks to everyone who wished me safe travels to Philly, the roads were pretty clear and the driving was ok, plus the Rosen Group made our arrival times flexible. The hard part was walking through ankle-deep slush puddles between the convention center and the hotel.


I don't want to sound overly celebratory, because it seemed the show overall had a down atmosphere. And what feels successful to a growing, part-time business might not relate to anyone else's pottery business (my advice to aspiring professional potters, always measure your success by your own self-defined goals, comparing yourself to others is bad for your sanity). My business will grow considerably this year, in spite of a continuing recession, and for that I feel grateful and optimistic. Still no plans to quit my design practice, but like last year I am giving myself permission to make pots full-time for the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment