Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hip to Be Square

This is a project from my Friday night Advanced Wheel class. This project started last November when several of us went to see the Winterfest show at Baltimore Clayworks (my pots were in that show, along with about 20 other potters). We were all impressed by the pots of Sequoia Miller that we saw there, and soon after I came across a blog post on Sequoia's blog describing how to make Square Lidded Boxes, and we decided to try it! This project was very challenging, we all learned a great deal about altering and assembling, not to mention patience and precision. Furthermore, right after we threw our walls, it started snowing and didn't stop for 3 weeks. ok I'm exaggerating, but due to cancelled classes and the Buyers Market, we didn't get to assemble the pots until 3 weeks after we threw them. I'm happy to report that most of them survived. In this photo, many of the pots are still works in progress, but trust me, the finished pots were outstanding! From left to right in the photo, the pots were made by Karen Morgenstern, Chris Coyle, me, Kori Rice, Christina Guidorizzi, Karen Arrington, and Amy Castner.

No comments:

Post a Comment